Why coconut, you might ask. Well,it was snowing yesterday in London and all I could think about is everything white. A nice cup of tea, some rom-com and cozy white sweater to wear at home.
Again, why coconut?
The answer is simple- I love everything that contains at least a small amount of coconut. Firstly, about the tea. Yes, I’m lucky enough to have coconut tea at my kitchen drawer. It’s kind of mixture of black tea and coconut,but it smells amazing! Then, of course, I love coconut milk. The other day I bought like 6 small coconut milk cans in Chinese shop. Guess what, I drank them all during the day (even 1 at night!).
But there is something else I want to write about today. They are my favourite Raffaello candies. You can actually make then at home. I think it’s more interesting than buying one’s at a shop.
Here’s a recipe (taken from:http://nareanthony.hubpages.com):
- 1 can condensed milk
- 7 oz butter or margarine
- 7 oz coconut flakes
- 1 cup roasted almond nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt the butter by stirring it with a fork or a mixer, at room temperature. (Cut the butter into cubes for easier mixing).
- Once it is smooth add the condensed milk, vanilla and half of the coconut flakes.
- Stir until it turns into smooth cream.
- Put the cream in the fridge and leave overnight or put it in the freezer for about 1 hour.
- When the cream is frozen enough, make small balls out of it placing an almond in each.The more frozen the cream is, the easier it is to form the balls.
- Roll the ready kernels of raffaellos in the remaining coconut flakes. Make sure they are entirely covered with flakes.
And these one’s I got recently. So cozy!!
Please,dress according to the weather. After all these years in UK I just don’t get how people can wear t-shirts when it’s +1 outside!